NextGen GBS Consult: Transform to the Fourth Generation of Shared Services
Why should the technology-driven disruptive forces that were acting upon just about every industry, not disrupt the Shared Services industry? If anything, the Shared Services Functions should be disrupted faster and deeper, given that they were comprised of essentially information and data operations (e.g. Accounting, Payroll, IT operations, etc.).
The simple answer is that there is an exponential fourth generation of shared services!
This is how digitally native startups run their internal operations.
– So-called “judgment-based” financial shared services are run using AI for accounts receivables and payables
– Exployee experience of corporate systems has transitioned from being stone-aged to the Siri-age
– IT shared services are dramatically flexible, infinitely scalable, and dramatically lower-cost
– Procurement shared services professionals operate with an AI “buddy” that can digest the latest information on suppliers, materials, pricing trends and payments and trigger advice and decisions
– Algorithms re-plan supply chain plans in real-time
Digital Takeoff Consult: Transform your enterprise to win in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
If the Fourth Industrial Revolution, which brings the melding of the digital, physical and biological worlds, is such as existential threat then why do 70% of all digital transformations fail?
The first part of the answer lies in what the famous philosopher, the Cheshire Cat, said to Alice in Lewis Carroll’s book, Alice in Wonderland. If you don’t care where you go, then it doesn’t matter how you get there.
The second part of the answer is discipline on how to get there. Proven checklist models exist in the airline and medical industries on dramatically reduing failure rates of complex work processes. It’s time to apply that same rigor to digital transformation.Contact Us